So some of you may have heard me talk about this, so forgive me if this is repetitive. The founder of Campus Crusade, Bill Bright, had 2 visions when he was led to start this ministry. The first was that college students are key in reaching the world with the gospel because they are tomorrow's leaders. The second was a vision of a map of the world, and a bunch of arrows coming out of Australia, going into the rest of the world. The arrows represented laborers, showing that Australia is a key sending nation. This makes total sense today, with an Aussie passport being one of the strongest in the world, and the fact that the population here is so international. Our team leaders realized that most of the students in our movements probably don't know about this vision, and thought it would be encouraging to share with them, so I actually got to share it with everyone in my talk at Kickoff Camp.
The reason I share Bill's vision with you is because it has to do with one of my favorite moments from this past week. We were in a meeting with our KVs; there were a few Aussies, a few Indians, a few Americans, one African, and one guy from El Salvador (named Jose). I don't remember what prompted it, but something led Jose to say, "Look at us! We ARE Bill Bright's vision!" All I could was smile and praise God that we get to see the beginning of this vision being fulfilled.
Because our God fulfills His promises,
Michelle
Some of our students at our Connexions camp :)
I enjoy the fact that i get to be one of your students at conneXions camp. so lovely. its so fun seeing you so much lately! like..every weekend for a couple of weeks! wooh! x x
ReplyDelete