Last night we were invited to have Indian food at one of our student's houses. The guy making the food is actually from Indian, so needless to say the food was amazing, but that's not what made the evening so special to me. Half way through the meal, I just kinda stopped and looked around the table. They are all amazing people that I have simply fallen in love with (and keep in mind I have only been here for a month). As I was looking around the table I realized the amazing diversity that was right in front of me... there were 4 Indians, 3 Aussies, 1 guy from Portugal, 1 from Kuwait, 1 from Zimbabwe, and then the two Americans (Erin and I). I was simply floored by the level or fellowship and friendship in the room, and that that could happen between so many people of such diverse backgrounds. I guess that's the beauty of Jesus and what the cross has done for the body of Christ.
It was just one of those moments that I was able to sit back and truly say that I love my job and love where God has me. What other job could I be sitting around a dinner table with such amazingly diverse people that have been so welcoming to me coming here? It was just one of those God-giving perspective moments, thanks Jesus :)
Lots of love,
Michelle
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment